Re: [ST] Blue headlights

Blake Sobiloff wrote:

> Lex Offer wrote:
>
>  > So the blue
>  >  headlight bulbs might be an attempt to add a bit of UV radiation
>  > to the headlight beam to improve visibility.
>
> No, blue headlight bulbs are purely for style. They merely attempt to
> imitate the expensive HID lighting systems.

Yes, that's true.  It annoys me, seeing all the people trying to imitate
the 'cool' HID Xenon headlamps by putting fake illegal bulbs in their
cars.  They're really cutting down on the useable light coming out from
their cars.  One thing I really wish is that the Triumph would have
HIDs.  My car has them and all I can say is once you've used them, you
are COMPLETELY spoiled.  The light quality is incredible (very white)
and uniform (although the latter is probably due to the reflector
design).  And to agree with the earlier statement, reflecting signs pop
up that much sooner.  You can see signs reflecting back which are
outside the visible beam pattern.  Sometimes I'll make signs pop up
before cars in front of me illuminate them.  Very nice!  I saw a website
somewhere for converting your car to HID bulbs (true HID) and it looked
like the cost was less than $1000.  But that's $1000 I'd rather use
elsewhere...

Mark Collett

- --

Mark Collett