[ST] Tie-downs

> For those of you with trucks, when you tie down a street bike, do you do
it
> on the centerstand or just resting on the wheels being held up by the
> tension of the straps?

Always on the wheels/suspension.  See www.slikstuff.com for a stand made for
pickups.  I recently used the Bar Harness by Canyon Dancer on my ST and had
no problems.

>I've never tried to load a street bike into a pickup before,
> and putting it on the centerstand would also ensure there's no pressure on
> the tailgate with the short bed on my SuperCrew.)

Don't worry about the tailgate.  You can't have more than half the weight of
the bike on the rear tire which in the case of an ST would be about 250 lbs
max.  Heck I've got buds that weight that much and three of us have sat on
the gate without a hint of trouble.  Those gates are tuff!