Re: [ST] Re: Flickability

>>> Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/22/01 5:25 PM >>>
i suspect the problem is that the term "flickability" is rather
undefined, and subjective.

I thought this was pretty obvious, but I guess I was wrong. How about substituting the phrase: "Side to side transisiton at speed?" Under such transitions, unsprung weight has a proportionaly greater adverse effect than unsprung weight. In other words, unsprung weight feels heavier.

As for other factors in Honda's decision to abandon the single-sided swingarm on its Superbike racers, I doubt cost was a factor since the cost of a single-sides swingarm would have amounted to an insignificant portion of the overall cost of fielding a factory Superbike team. I've studied Honda enough to know that it would have placed its corporate pride before such minute cost-saving measures. In the end, Honda simply wanted the best handling superbike it could build.

Darwin