Re: [ST] Single sided swingarm v. steering speed

>>> Darren Mason <Darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/23/01 6:38 AM >>>

Darwin,
By 'flickability' I assume you mean speed of turning from straight ahead &/or changing of direction.
I am no motorcycle engineer, but I think the main difference you are feeling between the ST & the RS is the steering head angle, due to the higher rear ride height on the RS. The RS also has a narrower rear tyre which also speeds up the steering.

Darren,

I agree that both these things likely play a much greater role in the differences I detected than the swingarm. I'm still glad Triumph switched on the Daytona. If single-sided swingarms have a future, it will probably be on sport-touring bikes.

Darwin