Re: Crest, Richard, New Years'

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/angelescresttoday.jpg

That's KenT and the red FrankenST (he fixed it a part at a time) and me in
the 'Stich with Vixen (note the cool silver wheels!) on the LABiker New
Years Eve ride yesterday. Rick Damiani was there too, but without the
Stealth ST (wait till you see pictures) as it's awaiting a shock.

Rode two-up with the namesake Vixen, Grace, as her GS500 is DOA with
electrical problems and won't be back on the road for a week. She's the
perfect woman...v. grumpy that she has to drive the car to work...and the
perfect pillion, hitting me on the back in the twisties and shouting
"faster, dammit, faster!!"

We were off to Ojai and dinner and an evening with friends on Saturday,
then back from Ojai to the Crest 1st thing Sunday. Great turnout for the
ride..about 25 - 30 people, and what a difference a year makes (note the
stories about last year at
http://www.labiker.com/features/NYECrest/index.html). And this is just what
the ST is for...two up with luggage, a 300 mile day including about 150 of
twisties, and home for dinner.

So sorry to hear about Richard; can't say armor would have made a
difference, but just bought the Bohn back protectors to go into Grace's and
my 'Stiches, and feel quite well-protected. Not that we plan to ever find
out...but to Richard & Lisa our wishes for a quick recovery!!

And to this whole group a happy New Year and may this year help you build
your dreams...which, we hope, include a lot of riding.

MarcD