Fookin' Sprint, fixed (well, almost...)

I gotta tell you, I am really pleased by how well Triumph is standing
behind their product here, and by the service I am getting from
Southern Californa Triumph. The electrical problem was traced to a
faulty left-hand switch assembly and the shock is being replaced under
warrantee [1]. I will have the bike back as soon as this coming
Thursday with both problems sorted and a set of fresh tires [2][3].

[1] Fookin' amazing as it sounds, they are not raising any fuss at all
about the mileage on the original stock unit.

[2] I had to pay for those, of course...

[3] I love new tires.

Tires are the trusted and faithful servant of the motorcyclist. They
tell us what the road is like, save us when we enter a turn too hot,
and keep us from becoming one with the rocks and shrubs that infest
our favorite roads.

Good tires, like good friends, are always there for you. They give of
their very essence to protect you from harm without complaint or
comment. Give them even a minimal amount of attention and they will
faithfully and reliably reward you with good manners and prodigious
grip.

As generous as our good, kind, and faithful tires are, the eventually
become burnt out. After tirelessly spending hour after hour and mile
after mile defending us from the slings, arrows, and medivac choppers
of misfortune, their minds and their tracks wander at the slightest
ripple or imperfection in the road. Their shape looses the youthfully
perfect curve of adolescence, taking on the more angular and hardened
look of one who has shouldered a great and heavy burden for far too
long.

Their abilities as they approach retirement begin to wane. Where they
once enjoyed nothing more than to hold a perfect line as they were
flung boldly into a turn, now they resist leaving the straight and
narrow path. Where they once were content to follow your lead with a
gentle touch, now they require forceful manhandling around even the
gentlest sweeper. This deterioration is gradual, often not making
itself known until you wonder why you keep blowing those silly little
turns and why riding is so much work now.

When that happens, those tires desire and deserve a well-earned rest.
Very naughty tires may find themselves making up part of an SUV or
ovloV. The most evil and untrustworthy tires, of course, become
Ching-Shins, while the most faithful and benevolent are allowed to
enjoy a second life as the road beneath subsequent generations of
tires.

Full of boundless energy, strong grip, and with the perfect shape and
form common among the young, new tires are nearly at the peak of their
abilities, needing only a few tens of miles to acquaint themselves
with their new duties. Fitting these young tires reveals a whole new
world to the motorcyclist. The razor-sharp handling that kindled your
love affair with your motorcycle is back. Cornering becomes the
effortless joy you remembered it to be, and your jaunts through the
secluded and perfectly serpentine sections of asphalt and chip seal
take on the almost magical properties of a dream. By contrast to the
old tires sent out to pasture, these new tires are the embodiment of
perfection. Every day with fresh, new rubber is a fine one. The sun is
a little brighter, the smog a little thinner, the CHP more forgiving -
even the rocks look softer.

I love new tires.

Sorry. Kinda got caried away there....