Re: Gas Leak

At 09:33 PM 1/2/01 -0500, Skfrider@xxxxxxx wrote:
>about 150 miles from the dealer) I took the gas tank off and checked for
>leaks or broken lines. Found one leak by the gray elbow fitting at the tank
>and the other line from the tank to the motor was gouged and looked like it
>had a ballon in it.So I replaced both lines and put it all back together and
>now when I try to start it the pump wont even make its little noise.Do I need
>to do something like prime it? Thanks for any advice.

When you checked for leaks, did you check the fuel rail ? A few people have
had leaks there and it does a good job of dropping a lot of fuel very quickly.

I couldn't find any mention of priming the system in the service manual
even when replacing the fuel pump / filter / pressure sensor. The only
thing they do warn about is turning the key with the fuel lines
disconnected as it can build up excessive pressure and damage the system.

If you're getting no sound at all, be sure to check that you reconnected
the fuel pump power supply. Also, I would try Darren's suggestion of keying
it on and off several times. A few listers that hadn't run their bikes for
several weeks had similar problems that were solved by similar means.

Triumph does make a fuel pressure sensor that can be connected to the
system to verify that the system is building pressure - maybe you dealer
could lend it to you for a day or so ??

- -Eric