Re: LEAKING F *&^% FUEL SENDERS!!!!!!!!!!

At 10:00 AM 1/5/01 -0800, Neil Lindsey wrote:
>Unless I'm confusing him with another lister, I think Eric is currently on
>fuel gauge sender number five or so!!

I think this is Erik's (with a "K" people) 3rd new sender (the new one to
be his 4th). First was replaced because it wasn't accurate with one that
leaked. It was replaced with the new one which is now leaking...

>My first sender never worked at all, the second one leaked, and the third
>one (which seemed to work fine) was replaced as a result of the recall.

very similar to Erik's problem

>That was a few months ago and so far so good.  So I'm not far behind and
>quite understand Eric's frustration.  From the sounds of things either the
>part still needs more engineering (or quality control) or sometimes they are
>being damaged during installation.  In any event this has GOT to be a big
>black eye for Triumph (are you SURE it's not made by Lucas????)

I wonder if it was a bad installation issue. Has anyone had one of the new
(from the recall) senders start leaking ?

- -Eric