Re: LEAKING F *&^% FUEL SENDERS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes this is Erik with a K .. This is the 3rd sender soon to be forth.
I'm pretty sure that it's being installed correctly because when I
mentioned to the service manager (today while he was picking up the
bike) about being careful about not putting the tank down on the
wires he nodded sagely :-) As for senders the first was totally
inaccurate V.1 , V.2 was good for about 9 months accurate but started
leaking. This one is V.3 and is the NEWEST CURRENT Version that's
supposed to not leak. Read accurate started leaking about 3 weeks
after installation. Triumph needs to fix this problem with both
explicit instructions on how to correctly install the part so as to
eliminate installation as a possible problem. And they need to either
get the vendor for this part (which I wonder who makes the sender
..anyone know?? ) to get it RIGHT or find a new vender that can. This
type of on going serious safety problem is very bad for Triumphs
reputation. I just hope they understand that the market will not put
up with this kind of BS forever.

Erik