Re: Pannier System

> Well I did !
> The first bump I hit (on a six lane highway) the bags when flying.
> Surprisingly it did not break, but now I have horrible looking scratches.
> too much for touch up paint.  A local paint guy wants $325 per bag !!!  No
> way.  That is more than it cost.
>
> Any suggestion to fix/hide the scratches

If you don't mind spending the $$, a new color matched lid is around
$200 per side.  Have you checked your brackets to see if they have worn
down?  Mine have slightly, but Richard's have not.  The wear on the
brackets can be so extreme as to cause you bags not to latch properly to
the bike. Examine the brackets on the bike and the rail on the bag.

You can also put one on you bike and lock it.  Then push the pannier as
far down/forward as you can.  Obviously don't force it, but be firm.
Then play with the locked latch.

Lisa