Re: LEAKING F *&^% FUEL SENDERS!!!!!

Steven at 22:17 05/01/01 -0600, you wrote:

>I only see very few people having repeat problems, this would lead me to
>believe we have a few bad mechanics replacing good parts this last round.
>Or their passing off the older senders as the actual fix.

If the weather ever picks up in the UK I may be able to do the last 150
miles needed to arrange my 6K service. I too, like so many other people
have the non leaking, non accurate type gauge. I spoke to the owner of the
dealers I use about the issues raised on this list as I'm undecided as to
request the sender to be changed during the service or not.

His reply was along the lines of:  'You don't want to believe everything
you read on those web pages but we have changed quite a few senders with
only one or two coming back as this was before the latest version came
out.' Make's it sound promising, doesn't he !! Do I or don't I ?

Needless to say I do believe what I read on this page and like so many
before have indicated are grateful for it's existence and the knowledge
that can be gained from other members. As a non technical or mechanical
person it's great to hear advice and information from the other listeners
before speaking to the dealer, this enables me to at least sound as if I
know what I'm doing and I'm sure leaves me less vulnerable to bullshit in
return.

I don't believe I've said this publicly before but thanks Eric for the list
and to all the other members who contribute to it to make it what it is.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"