RE: Leaking Fuel Sender - That's a Crock

Andrew writes:

>Thats a crock, if the manufacturer built it, it should work.
>Even if they have to replace a part 20 times they should get
>it right, or delete it from production. I teach him to live with
>my foot up his....

Well, Andrew - I have to say that I agree with you on that point in
principle, but I am a practical man...

I have enjoyed and toured on many motorcycles sans fuel guage and it has
never substantially interfered with my enjoyment of the experience.  On the
other hand, I have found that petrol leaks do substantially interfere with my
enjoyment of my riding experience.

The practical side of me says that I can live without the fuel guage as long
as necessary until 100% sure that a fully functioning non-leaking replacement
is in fact available from the manufacturer.  In fact, I can live without a
fuel guage forever and it really won't ruin my riding experience.

But hey, that's just my opinion as a practical motorcyclist.

Road Dawg