Re: 6K Service (to tune or not to tune)

Previously, you (Keith W Peters) wrote:
> I've booked my bike in for the above service. Due to the fact that a few
> people have said they have reduced their MPG due to having the latest tune
> loaded I've asked my dealer to not to load the latest one as I'm happy with
> what I've got.
>
> Does anyone see any problem with doing this ?

I like the new tune.  The possible loss of mpg I've seen also
corresponded with a change in riding type/style (much more commuting and
short trips -- few if any long trips) and a change in weather.  Until I
can get out and burn up some country miles I can't say for sure if mpg
was impacted or not.

> I've also asked for my non functioning, non leaking fuel sender to be
> changed. Yes, I'm prepared for the told you so type posts when I report
> that it leaks or still doesn't work.

I'm hoping you can tell me "c'mon in, the water's fine".  In the
meantime I'm sticking with my malfunctioning, non-leaking fuel sender.

> It was however very pleasant to ride it to the dealers in dry conditions.
> 90 miles of enjoyment.......

:-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers