Re: reality

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Fox" <pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > > Of course in those days we had
>  > >  reserve taps, a valuable feature I deeply lament losing.
>  > >
> that's not why fuel petcocks have gone away.  they've gone away because
> fuel-injected engines shouldn't be run out of gas.
>
> paul

I agree with you.  The switch to FI is probably what changed their thinking,
but I also agree that the fuel petcock is awkward and potentially dangerous.
I'm just amazed that we haven't heard about a lot of litigation involving
crashes that ensued.  I think the real reason for the lack of fuel gauges is
that the manufacturers felt that fuel gauges would be inaccurate and
unreliable.  In Triumph's case they were probably right.

Neil