Re: Wacky Fuel gauges

- ---- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Bostock" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> When I bought the bike I specifically asked them (in writing) to check
> that the fuel sender did NOT have a green cap and that there were no
> outstanding recall items - this was thanks to the info from various
> members of this list.  So if it has, and since I put this in writing, it
> could be a touch expensive for the dealer if anything should go wrong :-)

good plan -- just be aware that there were reasons why the fuel senders were
replaced on many pre-recall bikes, especially early STs (like yours and
mine)

in my case it was because (from new) the fuel gauge showed empty all the
time and my low fuel warning light was on all the time.  I have a hunch that
the float in the sender was just stuck, since the bike had sat with an empty
fuel tank on the dealer showroom floor for many months before I bought it.