RE: RS Lights & side panels

>  > > Mine was the original cyclops! Parted with the necessary
> £11, fitted the
>  > > relays outside the dealers and then asked them to check
> the Main & Dip
>  > > light
>  > > aim. No difference and no adjustments required.
>  >
>  > It's interesting that both lenses are different from mine.
>  >
>  > I stand on my original suggestion, which was that there
> must be a difference
>  > in how the headlights will operate when, after the
> additional relays are
>  > installed, they are now both on for low and both on for
> high.  But I'm
>
> why do you say that?  i can't explain the difference in part numbers,
> but i'm not sure why triumph would go to the expense of designing
> separate lenses for a single market, when the existing dual-use lenses
> would work just fine.

Maybe I am missing something obvious here, but wouldn't the different part
numbers just be because of the differences required for driving on the
different side of the road? The part numbers for my Australian 2000 ST are
the same as the UK model, which fits since both UK and Australia drive on
the same side, opposite to Nth America.

JohnS
Triumph Sprint ST
BSA Thunderbolt