RE: Australian headlights

>>>All Aussie bikes arrive one-eyed but Shogun fits the
>>>relays and gets both working as part of their pre-delivery service.
That's
>>>how you can spot a bike on the road that came from Powercycle...

Peter Stevens will charge you for the privelidge ( I think they quoted me
$50 ).

I have wondered if single off-center headlights are actually legal here.
Several years ago Ducati 916's had to be sold here with a different front
fairing with a pox single square headlight due to the fact that the 916
headlights did not meet ADR (Australian Design Rule) rules. The reason for
failing to meet ADR rules may have been due to insufficient headlight lens
area or the fact that the (single) light was not centred. Apparently the
916 would have been legal with both headlights operating at once but the
electrical system could not supply enough power to run both lights.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
AuSTralia.