RE: st-digest V2001 #5

Rick Wrote...

>I have owned my ST for just on 2 weeks and 1800kms now so here are my first
impressions and some >questions.

>Rick Nelson
>'00 Sprint ST

>pps:  I'm due for new tyres.  Has anyone used Bridgestone 020's and have
any comments?

Tyres... Yes I have the BT020's on since new and have done 2500 KM's with
them with no problem and not showing any visible signs of uneven wear. They
are apparently (the rears) constructed of a dual compound with a harder
centre section to reduce wear while cruising and softer outer edges for good
grip while cornering (according to the dealer)! This at least seems to be
true if I look at the minimal wear in the centre area (the tyre stays round
and don't square off). I would recommend them for general use but not for
track days where the softer 010 should offer better grip. Please don't
assume that I just poddle around on my bike, I do give it some serious whack
now and then esp. corners but have never reached the limit of the 020's
grip.

Ps. I previously remarked that of all the bikes I have had, the sprint is
the one that I have used the most (recently got sent to the shop to get milk
and returned two hours later: no milk but BIG smile)

Best regards and welcome to the club!
Gerrit
'01 Yellow RS