when a gentleman could undo his blouse or tunic with his left hand and draw
his sword with his right hand.

Wayne Murphy

In a message dated 1/8/01 10:57:47 PM Mountain Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:23:10 -0800
 From: Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: Re: vanson jackets and back protector

 >> I was actually told by a biking pal in the US that many, if not all, zips,
 >> have the fastener on the other side from Europe - but maybe you're right.

 A few years back my wife bought me a leather jacket while she was in Italy
 and it had the zipper on the opposite side from every other jacket I had
 ever worn. I was convinced she had purchased a women's jacket, but she
 swore it was a man's and that the Europeans make their clothes backwards
 (from our perspective anyways).

 When I bought my Triumph jacket it is also backwards, so I guess she was
right.

 It does take some getting used to though, having the zipper on the left.
 Especially when the electric vest underneath it has the zipper on the right.