RE: Lost pannier

<<  ... a sudden, local concentration of an unusual form of gravitron
that increases the local attraction between a motorcycle and the ground
beneath it, causing said motorcycle to be drawn to said ground.  >>

<<  Seriously??  Is there any warning inasmuch as can you actually see
it coming?  >>

     I believe that women often attract gravity storms, particularly if
they are looking my way.  The correlation between human activity and
this particular meteorological event also appears to be influenced by
efforts on my part to look cool.

     As far as preparation goes, always leave your helmet on and wear a
dark visor if possible.

     I eagerly await a day when said events can be predicted, so I can
quickly configure my bike into its minimum energy configuration and then
rightly say "I meant to do that."