Re: Battery Monitor/Tender

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith W Peters" <keith_peters@xxxxxxxxxx>

> >I am using an 'Optimate 2' during any long winter spells when the weather
> >prevents PTW use. Can I plug that into the accessory socket to keep the
> >battery in top condition?
>
> Yes, Optimate even sell an adaptor for this.

Yesterday was a great day so I took the opportunity to ride to my nearest
John Deere dealer.  I picked up the male plug for the accessory outlet
(thanks to Jack Hays for posting the part number recently -- RE11344).  Cost
was $14.62 CDN.

I also picked up an inline cigarette lighter socket (female) and a pair of
the 'standard' trailer hookup connectors ($5.25 CDN).

I then made up two adapters.  The first adapter (Triumph to 'standard') is
the one I'll use the most -- Battery Tender, heated vest, etc.  I'll use the
second adapter ('standard' to cigarette lighter) for those rare occasions
when I need that plugin type.

And my Battery Tender also came with the setup for direct attachment to the
battery posts.  I think I'll install that one permanently on my wife's bike
(750 Virago) which has no accessory plug.

I guess the only situation that's not covered is when I need to plug in more
than one thing at a time.

Neil