Re: LEAKING F *&^% FUEL SENDERS!!!!!!!!!!(and torque wrenches)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:41:35 -0800, "Jon Stiffler"
<jonstiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>From:  Rick Damiani <rickd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
><Be careful of what kind you get. The micrometer adjusting ones are a
>joy to use, but their really shouldn't be used in the last 10% or so
>on either end of their range *and* require periodic calibration to
>operate correctly. The beam-indicating type is a little less accurate
>than the micrometer adjusting, but they effectively never need
>calibrating. Dial-indicator type wrenches are kind of annoying - not
>nearly as easy to use as the micrometer adjusting style, but still
>requiring periodic calibration to be reliable.>
>
>Thanks for the comments, Rick.  Would you go out on a limb and make a
>recommendation as t which kind and brand, if you were me, you would get for
>your first torque wrench?
>Thanks again!

Well, I'd go with a Sears Craftsman beam-indicating type. In either
3/8" or 1/2" drive that should handle most everything you would need
on a Sprint except for the rear wheel and counter shaft sprocket. I
don't know if a 100+ ft/lb 3/4" drive beam indicating wrench is
available, though, and that's what you need for the rear wheel.

Craftsman tools are not the best, but they are plenty good enough and
Sears will replace them if they break. They don't usually cost too
much, either.