Re: Leaking fuel senders

At 07:43 AM 1/12/01 +1100, Soosalu, Grant wrote:
>Not all of the new ones work as expected. Mine is stuck on empty most of the
>time. I will be getting it replaced with yet another new one in the vain and
>glorious hope that I finally get one that both doesn't leak and works as
>expected.

Yeah, I was going to amend Neil's earlier post but forgot. While none of
the new senders have been shown to leak, several have remained on  empty
permanently. I would guess that the contact plate that measures the level
on the inside is sticking like what was happening with some early 99's
(like mine).

>  Gee I love having to take my bike to the dealers and wait around
>while the fuel sender is replaced...

It's all a clever plan to increase accessory sales.....

- - Eric