Re: Cool tale.......towing service

In a message dated 1/12/01 8:24:09 PM Central Standard Time,
ewimbish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

More to It:

> Friend of mine crashed his K100 RS. All cosmetic damage.  It wound up back
>  at his house for the Insurance Co to pick up.  He had a custom seat on it,
>  etc.
>
>  Tow driver shows up, hooks a cable to it, and drags it up the ramp.  Friend
>  complains, driver says butt out, the Insurance co owns it now.  - -He said
>  if he'd have known, he'd have stripped it.

At the site where the accident occured the tow truck driver wrapped a cable
around one of the 3 spokes of the rear wheel (Polished and expensive). He
drug the bike over to the truck by this method. Left scratch marks all around
the wheel and spoke. It is amazing how much damage they do. My friend says he
still has flashbacks of this tow Gorilla!

David (Bird Dawg) Viosca
00 V11s, "Kermit"
99st, "RIP"