Re: liability question, was: Health Insurance C ...

My neighbor, when I was in Alaska, had at last sold his very nicely kept
Ford Torino.
He had patiently waited until selling the car to buy the new van.
However, he cancelled
the insurance prior to delivering the car. On the way to deliver the
car, he pulled
out onto the road, where another car, travelling over 85 mph in a 35
zone, tires
screeching, slammed into him. He later went and measured the skid marks.

Anyway, he not only lost the sale of the car, the deposit on the van he
had to cancel,
he was also sued by the speeding driver who hit him and had to pay.
I have always overlapped insurances since.