Stop salvage abuse!

I don't know all the insurance laws, but a friend of mine just totaled
his 1 year old Arctic Cat sled.  He was able to buy the salvage from the
insurance company for a very low price and plans to fix it which he
claims may not even require a single part but some frame and tunnel
straightening and some aluminum welding on a cracked shock mount.  Like I
said it was only a year old with no plastic damage and it was written as
a total loss.  I don't know why the insurance on sleds is so cheap and
three people I know have had totals and don't even get rate increases!

My point is that if you are by law able to have the choice to buy back
the salvage and it is for a few hundred bucks,  Why not sell the parts
off to all your fellow riders so everyone gets a better deal!

I think I would go to tears watching my not yet broken parts being abused
like that!  For what the plastic alone costs it sounds like they do more
damage in a minute than they make in a month!

But then again some day they will sell the motor alone for ten times what
they paid for the salvage!

Just my thought for the day
Ken Walter
00 ST