Re: Rain Suit recommendations

"Paul Hoeffer \(Merentha\)" <phoeffer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I'm looking through the Triumph catalog at the two oversuits they offer
> with the intent of buying one or the other.  If anyone has any experience
> with either suit they'd care to share or a suitable alternate, I'd
> appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks to the generosity of SWMBO at Christmas, I am now the proud owner of
the new Triumph Chevron (step-in design) rainsuit.  Although I haven't yet
had a chance to try it in the rain (I don't know whether to look forward to
that or not) I can say that I am extremely impressed with the design,
materials and construction.  However I wish that the thigh map pocket which
was on the older style "checkerboard" Triumph rainsuit had been retained.

Other than that minor point, it looks perfect.  Also, it is $20 cheaper than
the old design.

I've practiced a few times and, once I've opened all the velcro (lots!) and
zippers I can put the suit on in under 30 seconds.  Since you put your arms
in the sleeves first, it would help protect you from the elements even
before it is fully closed.  I like the cinch neck to help keep the rain out.

P.S.  To owners of the older rainsuit: if you say you have the "black" or
"yellow" suit it is confusing, since the new Chevron design also comes in
black and yellow.  However mine is the 3rd color -- red -- which might not
be as conspicuous as yellow but is plenty bright enough for me.  Looks good
against my blue ST too!  :-)
- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"