Re: liability question, was: Health Insurance C ...

Cool, so I am not the only one. I completely agree. IMHO the only
way the complex could be held liable is if in some huge moment of
insanity, someone in management signed something guaranteeing him
the safety of all possessions left on the premises.

It was actually hard not to laugh at him when he said he was suing
his complex.

The only that this proves, is the notion that people are responsible
for their own actions is quickly disappearing.

Thomas

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Matt Knowles wrote:

> >Should the apartment complex be liable for someone entering the
> >property, more or less broad daylight (between 6 and 8am) with a
> >truck and trailer and stealing his bike, '97 cbr600 BTW?
>
> So if it was parked on the street, would he have sued the city?
>
> If I were one of his neighbors, I wouldn't want to see my rent go up to pay
> for his bike when he should have had insurance to cover it. A smarter
> person wouldn't have canceled his existing policy until the new one was in

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664