6k Service

Took the ST in for it's 6k service last Friday, so what's happened in it's
life so far:

Y2K model bought new in March last year (first bike in 12 years).

Run rough: Once after stopping for a break while on the way to catch a
ferry to France.

Neutral Light: Decided not to bother lighting. Sender switch replaced.

Throttle cable: When turning on full left lock the cable retracted under
the tank but did not return, thus causing the revs to rise when turn right.
Cable tied the cable to stop it moving so far under the tank.

Fuel sender: Non-functioning, non-leaking variety. Took the gamble and has
it replaced at the service. Only done 60 miles on the new one but it
initially seems to work (but keeping a check on it!).

Service cost: £85 GBP (plus nearly £8 for Triumph touch up paint)
Items on service bill: 1.25 hours of labour, Triumph oil and filter.

Gear selection on collection was as easy as it is now with not much
difference being noted.

No MGP data as I've never kept this type of record but I may do so after
the next fill up just out of curiosity.

That's it, overall one very happy owner (lets hope the fuel sender doesn't
change this)

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & Long Tail (00 Blue ST)"