Re: Fuel injection

>>>All of the current BMW's use an O2 sensor in a closed loop Fi
>>>configuration.

Maybe "over there" but not in all markets.

>>>that's why we can get different maps and CO tunes loaded.

Not 100% correct. Just because a system is closed loop does not mean the CO
or map cannot be changed. Most closed loop systems only use the lambda
sensor during light load conditions. Under load they ignore the lambda
sensor signal & refer to preprogrammed maps. UNLESS they have a wide-band
(expensive) lambda sensor that is accurate at all mixture strengths rather
than just around the stoichiometric point. As far as I know, only some late
Motronic systems do this.
     The idle CO should always be adjustable ( but it is illegal to do this
without proper equipment). The closed loop feedback is only a fine tuning
of the existing maps, & only under light load (see above).

>>>Just ask a BMW owner with a surging bike ( from a too
>>> lean mixture)

My Triumph was just the same as new.
Maybe if BMW cannot fix the problem the owners should find a way to reduce
the voltage from the lambda sensor to trick the computer into running a
richer mixture ? ( desparate last resort ).

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.