RE: which Oil is best? (for Gerrit)

Hi Gerrit,

Being a good old ex SA compatriot, I know what you mean by the weather, and
I also know what oil's you get there, and most don't make the grade because
they are car related oils - like the Magnatec for example.  The oil that
Triumph are on about is the Mobil Racing Oil - the 4T unless I'm mistaken,
and there aren't many alternatives in SA, so if you can get it, stick to
it - the engine is far happier with it - I have (in previous lives and
bikes) tried some Castrol fully synthetic's etc, and while being brilliant
in V8's, straight sixes and other such like in cars, they don't quite cut it
when it comes to bikes, so if you can find the right stuff (it costs!), in
my humble opinion, it's worth it......

Regards,
Graeme

<snip>

> I don't know if this is the right time to ask this question, but I would
> really like to get your valued opinions regarding which oil is best for my
> '01 RS. Currently Triumph recommends 10W-40 synthetic or semi
> synthetic oil
> and specifically mention Mobil 1. Mobil 1 carries an API SH
> rating suitable
> for vehicles made up to 1996.

<snip>