Keith Code Question

All I can comment on this is that in each of the four CSB classes I have
attended, someone always asks about the 'footpeg' steering that Reg
Pridmore teaches.  (Jason seems to not endorse this so much).  Keith is
always adament that the only way to turn a motorcycle is through
countersteering handlebar inputs (or at least the only practical
way).  I've witnessed Keith and students go back and forth on this issue
with Keith stating that he has done tests to his theory to prove its
merits.  It would not surprize me to know that he has devised a teaching
tool to help prove his point to students.

I don't think Keith has any specific grudges against others' schools- in
fact he lists most of the competing schools and their merits in his CSB
brochure!  On the other hand, I have also heard him allude that all do not
necessarily agree with each others' teachings.  I would imagine that is to
be expected.

In my opinion, a positive aspect to Code's School is that he is not merely
a successful ex-racer opening a school as a retirement plan.  He has
genuinely put forth an effort to further the soft-science of motorcycle
riding education though numerous books, videos, on board cameras, slide
bike, lean bike, and other techniques to advance learning mortocycle riding.

One last personal note that may indicate my personal bias to this
school.  Just the other day, Cobie Fair, head instructor at CSB, finaly got
a hold of me after trying to reach me since I completed Level Four in
October.  He persisted in calling because he wanted to answer a question I
listed in an after class survey and he also wanted to talk about what could
be done to improve the Level Four experience.  In my opinion, that kind of
dedication to excellence and improvement is rare in most businesses and I
was certainly pleasantly surprized to receive it.

Rick Paukert
TSRA Horn Dawg
HSTA South Texas State Director