Re: Who knows what these two sockets are for?

You are right. The Bosch Motronic software the BMW uses for it's
bikes does suck.( although the 4 cylinder bikes run OK) But it maybe
really more that BMW chooses to set the bikes up super,super lean. I
was wrong to some extent in that BMW uses these things that they call
"cat code plugs" that plug into the Fi brain these are supposed to
tell the Fi that there is or is not a catalytic converter on the bike
and what Fi map to use. But even still the bikes are run lean. One
can also install an optional ( non US part) Co pot that allows the
manual adjustment of CO levels at idle but doesn't really richen up
the bike much off idle. In fact with the Co pot installed the bike
will ignore the O2 sensor entirely. Oh and I didn't know that some
ST's use an O2 sensor.. I don't see where on the exhaust header it
goes unless there are different headers for different countries.

Erik