Re: Keith Code Question

I haven't actually been to any riding school, however, the way I was taught
by friends was to initiate the turn through countersteering and then fine
tune my track with my butt (body steering), ie I start the turn by
countersteering then If I find myself not following the right track I push
with my outer foot to move my butt to the inside of the turn. Which I
gather from the info ya'll have been posting means that I use both schools
of thought in conjuction (although I could be wrong on this assumption.)

Just a side note on a different topic, I was looking through Bike magazine
and was noticing insurance costs in Britian.  JeeeZ!!! The yearly insurance
for british motorcyclists seems to cost almost what the bike does.  What's
up?  Are the british cage drivers that bad over there? Or are there that
many more 'hooligans' than there are here in the states.  I saw quotes of
5500 British pounds for a 21 yr old on a new CBR600.  That's practically
what the bike costs to buy!  In the States here I have a friend who is 24
unmarried with a ticket or two on a CBR600 and he pays 2000 US dollars a
year.  And considering the fact that the UK has socialized medicine, it's
not like the UK insurance companies are having to dole out for medical
bills like they do here in the US.  I just don't see how the UK citizens
can afford to ride a motorcycle.

Lex Offer

reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx
2000 Saphire Sprint ST