Re: personal experience of a Synchrotec helmet?

on 1/18/01 8:35 AM, by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx at
owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This message originally sent with MIME / HTML or Rich Text which has been
> filtered to plain text.
>
> From: Neil  Tracey <Neil.Tracey@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "'ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: personal experience of a Synchrotec helmet?
> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:26:34 -0000
>
> I am considering purchasing a flip-up helmet such as a Shoei Synchrotec, or
> I think Nolan do one too.
> Does any body have any personal experience of using one, either good or bad?
>
> Please reply to me privately, as I don't think January is the planned month
> to start a helmet thread...:-)
> Thanks,
> neil.tracey@xxxxxxxxx
I'm gonna reply publicly anyway....

I bought a Synchrotec helmet a year and a half ago after comparing it to the
Nolan N-100.  The Nolan was -okay- for me, just felt kind of cheesy compared
to the Shoei.  I didn't make it 220 yds from the dealer though before
returning the Shoei - I couldn't open my mouth with it on, couldn't talk,
couldn't smile, laugh, etc....  just wasn't big enough to get over my head
and then do anything without opening the lid up.  I traded it for an Arai.

Since then I have seen the new HJC modular helmet, not as nice a finish as
the Shoei but it fit perfect, and I could open my mouth and everything.  If
you have problems with the Shoei try out the HJC, it might work for you.