Re: Who knows what these two sockets are for?

>>Rick Damiani <triumph@xxxxxxxxx
>>I have a Californa-spec Sprint and it does not have an O2 sensor.
>> They must be going somewhere else.

Rick,

Thanks for this info on Californian bikes. Unfortunately the shop manual is
a bit vague in some areas, eg: it does not mention which markets get which
equipment. So as other people have replied, it appears only Germany gets
closed loop EFI & lambda sensor. I had assumed California also gets them,
but I may have mixed this up with the other pollution control devices I
assume California get (charcoal canister etc).

A while ago someone else mentioned a specific power loss ( 6 or 8 hp ) from
the catalytic converter in the exhaust. I can't remember who posted that,
but I assumed at the time that it was a California bike. Could whoever
posted that info reply with what bike that was on ( eg: model, country, etc
).

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.