Heated Grips --> possible Fix

Hello all,
  As some may remember my bike was suffering from the different temps on the
hand grip.  Well in a moment of boredom I decided to fix that.  The install
manual states to not change the length of wire, and from what I found, it is
because the heat is determined by the resistance in the wire.  So what I did
was route the clutch side in such away that I was able to remove about 8 -
10 inches of wire, then resolder the connections back up.  So far the heat
is more even and I have seen no adverse effects.  Before the throttle side
was putting out over 120 degrees (Fahrenheit) and the left was just managing
95'.  It now it getting to more like 105'.  I checked temp on the handlebars
them selves (the aluminum part) and they were the close to the same, as I
wanted to make sure all the extra heat I was getting was not being sucked up
by the bar.  Still not sure why the grips generate different heat, as most
of the wires are shared, but atleast now all 10 digits will be warm!!  Hope
this helps anyone who has this ailment.

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va.  USA