Re: Off-topic: Pickup trucks

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> Got to agree, I've put my 9r and 6e in the bed of my 4x4 Ranger
> w/off-road package. Before the slightly oversized All-terrains it
> was doable with one ramp and two boards for my feet. I am currently
> forced to look for terrain advantages. That is where I can park
> the rear wheels of the truck lower than where the end of the ramp
> sits. Ask Bill how I [un]loaded the 9r at the ralley last year and
> at his house in FL.

Yep.  Put the rear wheels in a depression (e.g. small drainage ditch) at
the base of a rise, with the tailgate facing the rise.  At my house it
was the considerable dip at the bottom of my sloped drive (to channel FL
summer rains).

I can also testify at the effectiveness of a human arm as padding
between a motorcycle fairing and the pickup box sides.  Not a scratch on
either the fairing or the truck.  The bruises on my arm, however, were a
sight to behold!

> I want to get a F150-super crew, 4x4-off road. Getting a bike up
> there will only happen for long distance trips. That is from dallas
> to NC.

I though you were going to ride this year, time permitting of course.

SWMBO and I discussed me getting a pickup for lugging a bike when
needed, but she convinced me that I should buy a trailer for the van and
a fun car (probably Miata) instead.  It didn't take much convincing.
:-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL