Re: open tailgate.4x4 $$ solution REPLY

>That sounds like a lot of welding for a brand new 30k+ vehicle. :-)

>Thom

If the only reason for buying a 'truck' is to haul your bike......you
know maybe you should reconsider riding as a way of life, hobby, what
have you.

On a less heavy note, at 3 in the morning when a friend called I could
take care of them, whether or not they could stand, sit or even if they
were strapped to a board.  It was my solution after, me and my 700Lbs
bike went over together. Ouch

rant on... How may yuppie truck owners use their 30K+ vehicles for other
than clogging the roads and burning excessive quantities of petrol! Most
of the ones around here have never seen more than winter road dirt, let
alone hauling crap in the bed. A 14 MPG commuting vehicle! just doesn't
make sense.
rant off..

After selling the F-100 to a friend who owns a shop, I got a cheap cage
that gets 25+MPG and can afford to rent a van/box when I need one. So
long  to $250 US dollar a month fuel bills.....Huzzah.

Peace,
Andrew