Re: Update on Sprint RS not starting (*was FI Tour)

Don,

 The battery connections are a guess, my friends Intruder had some weird
problems we traced to a corroded ground connection at the battery. One
of my old trucks had a similar problem as did my Harley. Also a bad
ground close to the fuse block 'could' blow a fuse by spiking the
circuit.   But....

ready for another tour??

We are starting at the horn. A purple/black wire leaves the horn and
goes to a wiring header in dash area the wire leave the header as
black/white and terminates at the horn button. the other wire from the
horn button is black/yellow and at the header becomes black(solid).
Solid Black appears as systems ground through out the schematic. Back at
the horn..the other wire is orange/green this wire goes to pin 4 of the
Direction indicator, then continues to a header then continues to
orange/green to the front brake switch, orange/green also goes to rear
brake light switch through a header ...orange/green also goes to fuse 4
(indicators/stop lights) it exits the fuse block as red/green which
continues directly to the ignition switch. I am leaving out the other
wires relating to the brake switches because the lighting is working.

The only common point between the two circuits is ground or the ignition
switch. That is helpful, and rules out a lot of possible bits and
pieces. So is BMW Triumph going to replace the fuel pump? or are they
going to poke it some more?
Do you have a Triumph alarm fitted?

I had one failure to run last summer, I believe the kickstand bounced,
killing the ignition. You gave me a good reason to go to the cold snowy
garage and check the horn which does beep when the ignition is switched
on without the bike running.  The point in that also is the fuel pump on
mine barely makes any noise, priming or running, very quiet.

Now I could be persuaded to bring myself and the ST to california to
help you out :>)

Peace,
Andrew
00 Sprint ST

For reference:
| So here goes the electrical analyses. Starting at the fuel pump....the

| Black wire goes to system ground (not related to the two black wires
| from Alternator), the purple/white wire runs to the following (bear
with
| me) all three ignition coils then continues to the fuel pump relay**.
| the fuel pump relay coil is connected directly to the ECU with a
| black/purple wire, the other side of the coil is a green/red wire that

| goes to the alarm connector, now the plug-in jumper connects pins 1 to

| 2  and 3 to 5  ,  the connector on the main harness (pins 1,2,3 are
all
| green/red)  pins 1 and 3 are tied together, pin 2 from the alarm
(main)
| connector goes to the fuse block (fuse 1 I believe) the wire still
| green/red continues from the other side of the fuse to the Kill
switch,
| then changes color to green and continues to the ignition switch
| connector.
|
| Pin 5 from the Alarm (Main) Connector green/red continues to the
starter

| switch, the wire leaves the switch as white/red which goes to the coil

| of the starter solenoid and also to the coil of the headlight cut out
| relay, the other side of which is black system ground.
|
| **Back at the Fuel Pump Relay the purple/white wire connects to the
| relays contacts, the wire exiting is solid purple continues to the
| following locations, to connections at the ECM relay (pins 1 and 6)
then