Corbin gunfighter seat

Paul wrote:  "I was looking in the corbin catolog, the gunfighter seat
looks to be very
comfortable my wife ibet would love that back rest. does anyone out there
have one, your comments please."

Paul - I got that seat in plain leather (no texture) mainly for the
backrest for the kids when I take them to school.  That in itself made it
worth the price.  As for the seat, I find it to be very comfortable for
short or long hauls.  It's shaped a little wider at the gastank which
spreads the legs apart slightly resulting in a feeling of being slightly
higher off the ground than the stock seat.  There's been threads on this
topic earlier and I know others out there had Corbin do some foam reshaping
to cure that effect.  (I think all of them live near Corbin's shop so it
was convenient to do.)  The seat is also substantially heavier than stock
so if weight is an issue, it's not for you.  Of course, the stock seat pops
back on in 30 seconds so that's no really an issue if you need to shed the
weight.  With the ST engine, though, you won't really notice the extra
weight around town. I also got the dark blue piping trim on the seat which
is a close match, but not quite exact, to the Sapphire Blue.

Hope that helps.

Brent Bailey
Houston, Texas
'00 Sapphire Blue ST