Re: Speedo accuracy

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <Darren_Mason@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I dont have a GPS, but here in some places they have a radar gun on the
> side of the road connected to an overhead display. You can use this to
> check your speedo.

these roadside radar speed sensors aren't calibrated very often from what I
hear, and for the same reasons would probably be set to read high anyway

> Does anyone know it the speedo is out by a similar percentage right
through
> the range ?

the percentage error should be consistent at any speed

> Also, being electronic, has anyone looked for a calibration pot
> in the speedo. I would like to calibrate mine to indicate the true speed.

not sure if this is possible -- no one has mentioned an accessible
calibration adjustment

why not just invest a few bucks in a BC800 computer?  you get an accurate
speedo, and many other speed/tripmeter features