Re: *Painting Helmet: THANKS!

> More Questions:  What are your opinions on the helmets with the "fin" on
> back?  I guess its supposed to keep the helmet from wobbling back and
forth?
> And, are there any more recommendations on models?  I will spend up to
$400.

> Again, thanks for all the comments.  I truly appreciate them all!
> H. Rollins
> 00ST

The fin is an add on which attaches with an adhesive, they don't serve any
purpose that I know of other than looking cool. I would recommend an Arai or
Shoei (personal preference) depending on which fits your head best. One
other thing, don't necessarily write off your local dealer. I have purchased
my last two sets of helmets from our dealer and he was able to give me a
price as good as anything I could find. I simply told him what the situation
was, (can't afford to spend $200 extra even though I would like to give him
the business) and he went out of his way to help. I'm not saying this will
work for everyone, but if you have a dealer you like, give him a chance.
There is some good will to be had on both sides.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST
2000 Buell X1