Re: Scottish Highland games in Florida ?

Previously, you (Mike Bostock) wrote:
> Nothing whatsoever to do with "The Artillery" - brass monkeys were used in
> the "Royal Navy" - it was a brass rail which held the cannonballs in
> position on a ship and difference in the rate of thermal
> expansion/contraction did indeed have the effect described (so your
> explanation was almost right - just the wrong Service).

In my ignorance I refer to any cannon as artillery, regardless of
whether it is fixed in a fort, on a ship or rolling around in a field.
They all seem the same to me.

P.S.  Why didn't they make the monkeys out of iron and avoid the
problem?

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL