Painting Helmets Take II

So you've all convinced H.Rollins to buy a new helmet, that's a good
thing!  I've reading all the replies to his question hoping someone
would make some suggestions about painting a helmets.  Let me pose a
slightly different question.

Hypothetical:  I want a custom paint job on my brand new helmet just so
I can be more of an individual and the center of attention, as if the ST
wasn't enough. :~)

So my question is, should I or shouldn't I paint a helmet?  Does it void
the warranty?  Does it harm the helmet?  Are there paints you should or
shouldn't use?

Greggo