RE: Tailgate Loading Part II: Ramps

 > Anyone have, or seen, any particularly good ramp solutions for loading a
 > bike into a fairly tall pickup?  Was thinking of making one myself, but
 > if something is commercially available I'd love to see it...

  I have one of the curved type, do not remember where I got it though, it
was around $100 and does not fold, I will look when I get home, but I think
is like Interconnect or something.

  If you are going into anything taller than a 4x2 truck you may want to get
more than one ramp so you walk up along side, or maybe get a total of three
so you can ride it up.

  Another option is to always find something to off set the height of the
truck.  I know this was said when the truck discussion was up, but it is so
important. Imagine the damage if the bike falls off the top of the ramp and
goes to the side you aren't on!!!!!!  Start looking around for loading site.
Stairs, Loading Docks, Grassy Knolls (watch out for gunmen), Ditch's.
Remember where they are so you can find them again.  Don't count on having a
friend around, as they usually aren't there when you need them.

David "Lost Dawg" Gaske
'00 Sprint RS (yellow)
Fredericksburg, Va.  USA