The Bonnie

I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed at the feedback I've had on my test
ride report. OK, a few minutes ride over slippery roads could only give an
impression, but I was hoping you folk would have lots of questions. Isn't
anyone interested?

I reckon it's quite a bike - it looks great, feels good and sounds
wonderful. It's not gonna rip up the tarmac but I reckon even in stock form
it'll give say a Thunderbird a good run, yet it's smaller and lighter and
much more manageable than the 'bird. I'd love to try it again on dry roads
with a bedded-in motor. It's also a good base bike to play about with. If
you like to lay back and boogie, fit higher bars and a backrest and such. If
you want to recreate a cafer racer go for clip-ons and a jet kit. It feels
very over-engineered, so I bet it would take a lot of tuning with no
problems.

I'd have one like a shot as a second bike, if the kids didn't need shoes and
other such luxuries!

Barry