re: RaceTech and Ohlins for RS

>  From: "elvus" <kngelv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/23/2001 15:40:
>       I am considering both the racetech upgrade on the forks, and an ohlins
>  shock on  my 2000 RS. I talked to a guy in the service department at
>  Southern California Triumph about doing the Race Tech upgrade. Has anyone
>  had this done there? I'm curious as to the quality of the shop and their
>  work. I'll be sending the forks to them from the Detroit area and would like
>  some input from any on this list who are familiar with the dealership.
>       I was also wondering if anyone has put the Ohlin's on, and how they
>  like it. Thank you.
>
>  James
>
>  2000 RS Yellow

	Being from Texas, I don't know anything about SoCal Triumph. Why send
them your forks all the way from Detroit, though? Isn't there somebody closer
that RaceTech would recommend?
	On a more helpful note, I upgraded my ST forks with 1.00 Kg/mm springs,
emulators, and 7w oil. Rick Paukert used the same springs and emulator
settings, but a mixture of 7w and 10w oil. He has the Ohlins rear shock while
mine is stock. I think the Ohlins feels a bit better and better matches the
spring rate of the forks as modified, but not enough better for me to cough up
the extra money for it. I think the ST shock is good enough for my use. On the
other hand, my Suzuki SV650S's suspension is junk, so I'm RaceTech'ing the
forks and putting on an Ohlins rear shock.

FWIW,

	"Jedi Dawg"  Jim Huber