Re: The Perfect ST-- My Dream

I'm not sure if Triumph would need to or want to build too many. I
think if you did an analysis of the cost Triumph could make $$ with
500 units.. remember too many and it's not special anymore. The costs
involved to Triumph are really minimal if you take a standard ST and
just swapped the Daytona motor in I can't imagine that the Daytona
motor costs Triumph any more than a $100.00 more than an ST motor.
The front forks maybe $50.00 difference. Better calipers add $50.00
better rear shock $25.00 Paint and graphics zero or close to it. So
lets be generous and say the upgrades cost Triumph at their cost
$300.00  triple for profit $900.00 so we take the $900.00 added to
the current dealer invoice  of an ST and the $600.00 more to dealer
profit, hell everyone would be happy. Triumph would make $600.00 x
500 units or extra $300,000. NET profit  that's not too shabby. As
for colors BLACK or silver are the only true colors for a special ST,
Hey it's my dream and I can make it what ever color I want :-))

Erik