re: replacement forks (was: The Perfect ST-- My Dream)

>  From: Erik Miner <Axeis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/24/2001 14:47:
>  I'm looking into this very thing right now.  I don't think the
>  Daytona forks will fit.. maybe but I believe they are 45mm vs the
>  ST/RS 43 also the Daytona has a much thicker/beefier lower triple
>  clamp. The TT600 forks are Kayaba (sp)  they are 43 mm and a fully
>  adjustable cartridge type but it appears the axles are different so
>  that might mean that the front wheel would need to also be changed to
>  a TT600 the brake carriers though appear to be the same...we'll see..
>
>  Erik

	I tried to find contact info for Showa or Kayaba when I found out that
Ohlins didn't make a fork that would fit the ST. Didn't have any luck. I guess
I should hang out around superbike races or something, as they apparently have
support trailers at such events.

"Jedi"  Jim